Sunny Old Corner is not only a place, it's a vibe!
Besides the unique design, the house stands out for its perfect location.
- Ideal for FOOD LOVERS: surrounded by many famous street food vendors. Plus, Hanoi's most famous coffee street is a few steps away. Get yourself a "ca phe sua da" (coffee with condensed milk) and let that caffein energizes your day!
- Super convenient for EXPLORERS: LESS TOURISTY-MORE LOCAL-MORE AUTHENTIC! walking-distances to a beautiful park, lakes, shopping malls...
The house is on the second floor of a street-front building, built by the French during their colonial period. This ancient house now has its entire inner space remodeled, bringing it a new life, making it a sparkling gem in the center of the antiquated old town.
- Going into a small alley, guest can follow the stairs to the second floor, where Sunny Old Corner is located. During the short short walk, the life of old Hanoians slowly reveals.
- The Sunny Old Corner has a special location, which allows the house to catch A WHOLE LOT OF SUNLIGHT everyday. This is one of its uniquenesses, as ancient houses are built pretty tightly, resulting in the lack of natural lights.
- The house has two balconies designed specially to give guests great angels to overwatch the city. Our guests have told us how they love to watch Hanoi comes to life while sitting there, with a cup of hot coffee, early in the morning.
- Flooring is a combination of old-fashion-inspired cement tiles (for kitchen and balconies) and hardwood (for living room and bedroom). We do pay attention to details, to make sure the house not only provides best living conditions, but also an artistic sense.
- Kitchen, bathroom and living room are located on the first level of the house. Kitchen is fully equipped with an induction stove top, a medium-sized fridge, plenty of pots, pans, bowls , dishes, utensils and basic cooking condiments. There is also a washing machine for guests in case needed. Bathroom is newly remodeled, and always kept clean. The living room is beautifully spacious and highlighted by colorful furnitures such as table cloths, pillows, ... and very importantly, indoor plants. We appreciate the benefits plants bring to human’s health, therefore, in return, guests when stay at Sunny Old Corner, are encouraged to water our plants daily! ;) In the living room, there is also a cute and comfy swing chair that we put up by ourselves. That was a lot of work! But it’s another thing that makes Sunny Old Corner ain’t like no others!
- Upstairs, on the mezzanine, bedroom is private with A DOUBLE BED and two huge closets. A second bed is available UPON REQUEST, so please let us know! Nothing gets better than falling asleep watching the sky, and waking up to the white clouds and sunshine. Because of the house's very unique design, view from the bedroom is one of the house's highlights!
- After 4pm, a street food vendor that sells the famous dish: "Pho Ga" (Chicken Noodle Soup) is open, right downstairs. Just by standing on the balcony, guests have a full view of the busy business, underneath the house, on the sidewalk. Guests get to see the broth pot, how people shred up chickens, pick the herbs, make the dish, and so on. This street food vendor has been here for more than 30 years, generations after generations, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives. They all have made a living since, from plastic tables and stools, and a pot of delicious chicken broth. When you visit a city, and you only need to walk downstairs for its signature famous yummy street food dishes??? Oh c’mon it’s an unique experience, ain’t like no others!
Sunny Old Corner lays in the heart of a typical Hanoi area. From the street-front balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor, guests can live and breathe Hanoi spirit anytime of the day. Bright, sunny and quiet in the morning; busy, a little noisy, and full of street food vendors in the evening. I don't really know if you ever get tired from eating too much, but I normally don't. So all the best street food dishes, and the world-famous Vietnamese "ca phe sua da" (coffee with condensed milk) are right around the block for you to enjoy. Honestly, what is traveling without great traditional FOODS?
Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội, Vietnam